Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CWS15 template trouble.........

CWS15 template trouble......... 9 years 2 months ago #1615

I was so excited to see that you completed the Chevy, unfortunately I cant open it
in PSP, this is the first time I haven't been able to open one of your files, any chance you could save it
as a .psp, or a totally unlocked .psd? I can't wait to use it, I'm sure it will be as awesome as all your others!
And I for one thank you for your work on all the templates you guy's do, best in the community!

p.s, I left this message on facebook also,please don't beat me up for doing both,
I just didn't know which way was better to get a hold of ya.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CWS15 template trouble......... 9 years 2 months ago #1618

• Sage
Depending on which version of PSP you are using your problem may be due to the fact that the template has 195 layers. I think it's versions earlier than v8 that can't open more than 100 layers. It may also be that almost all of the layers are in folders and there are times when PSP has issues with those.

If possible, are you able to upgrade your version of PSP? There are some good deals to be had on ebay for outdated versions of PSP (v10, v11, etc.). I have also heard of some people having luck opening templates with GIMP that PSP can't and then 'saving as' a PSP-compatible file (.pspimage?).

GIMP is free and is available at: www.gimp.org/

CWS15 template trouble......... 9 years 2 months ago #1619

• bakes991
  • BER Crew
  • Thank you received: 153
I'm not the template expert, but I believe a PSP compatible version is in the works. Not going to give a ETA on it as I do not know.
Paint Crew member at BIG EVIL Racing
Admin/Co-Owner at Solstice Racing
BER's number guy

CWS15 template trouble......... 9 years 2 months ago #1622

Sage wrote:
Depending on which version of PSP you are using your problem may be due to the fact that the template has 195 layers. I think it's versions earlier than v8 that can't open more than 100 layers. It may also be that almost all of the layers are in folders and there are times when PSP has issues with those.

If possible, are you able to upgrade your version of PSP? There are some good deals to be had on ebay for outdated versions of PSP (v10, v11, etc.). I have also heard of some people having luck opening templates with GIMP that PSP can't and then 'saving as' a PSP-compatible file (.pspimage?).

GIMP is free and is available at: www.gimp.org/

I use 10, it wouldn't open, the new version doesn't either.
Gimp will not save to a .psp
I ran into the same thing at Omega on there ford template and they had to unlock all the layers and re-save it
I believe is what they done......this is what smoke posted back to me quote-"Try it again. I forgot to save as psp 8"
sorry to be a pain in the ass

CWS15 template trouble......... 9 years 1 month ago #1632

Did u get it to open Tracy? I have PSPX and I can't open it neither