Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SRD Closing

SRD Closing 11 years 1 month ago #101

• MidLEast Neenja39
  • Regular
  • Mopar or No Car
  • Thank you received: 10
Well someone told me on Facebook that SRD's closing its downloads and being forum only. Of course I get banned 2 days before this. But I've had some good times at SRD, I feel sorry for the painters over there. What are your opinions on this? Keep it civil and no bashing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SRD Closing 11 years 1 month ago #102

• Mystical
  • Regular
  • Always 110%
  • Thank you received: 22
I was just gunna post a thread abaout this.

Here's what Matt said in the opening post:
I'm not going to have a long speech here. I just wanted to let everyone know that I've thought long and hard about the decision to close up shop for the better part of 2 years now. And I think the time has come to shut her down.

We had a good run. But all good things must come to an end, and SRD as we know it ends tonight too.

SRD from this point on is a forum only. There won't be any more downloads offered by "SRD Staff" any longer.

The self promotion rules and spam rules etc.. is over. Do what you want now, you don't have to worry about stepping on peoples toes any longer. Just follow the basic rules. We will still have moderators if they choose to stay. So they will be trying their best like they always do to keep the peace.

I'm going to re open registrations too.

Anything related to the NWS 2013 mod you can find at my personal place at Sim Racing USA. Grab what you want now, downloads will be disabled soon.

Thank you everyone for making SRD what it is today. I just wanted to give you a heads up as to what's happening.

SRD Closing 11 years 1 month ago #103

• Chad Mikosz
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 61
Its a shame. I checked srd just about everyday for the past few years.

On the other hand, it opens up a huge door for us.
Owner of BIG EVIL Racing + Designs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henderson

SRD Closing 11 years 1 month ago #104

• Mystical
  • Regular
  • Always 110%
SRD looks like it will still have it's forums around, but not sure what will become of it since he said staff are going away. Too many unanswered questions at this point really.

SRD Closing 11 years 1 month ago #105

• PepsiRacer4
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
I definitely agree with Chad, definitely could be a big boost for us to get our names out there.
Co-Owner of BIG EVIL Racing + Designs

SRD Closing 11 years 1 month ago #106

• Bigt2424
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Losing a site, no matter what your opinions are, is always upsetting. But, the members and crew created alot of material that keeps NR2003 going. Sadly, I feel their forums are going to be destroyed by within. We can only hope everyone has their head screwed on straight :lol:

SRD Closing 11 years 1 month ago #108

• Mystical
  • Regular
  • Always 110%
Bigt2424 wrote:
Losing a site, no matter what your opinions are, is always upsetting. But, the members and crew created alot of material that keeps NR2003 going. Sadly, I feel their forums are going to be destroyed by within. We can only hope everyone has their head screwed on straight :lol:

Yeah they way Matt made it sound is that rules are being removed / restrictions going away. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds. Either way if it means more people coming here:

SRD Closing 11 years 1 month ago #111

• Bigt2424
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
We will welcome every single person who hops aboard! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PepsiRacer4, Mystical, hman24

SRD Closing 11 years 1 month ago #137

• hman24
  • Julio Chang Forever!
  • Thank you received: 2
It's an unfortunate situation for everyone involved. Regardless of my personal issues over there the fact is that it was a large source for this community. There's a lot of hours and hours of work posted all over that site that will apparently just disappear. That said I'm in a "believe it when I see it" mode. Don't get me wrong, I believe SRD in its current state will cease to exist for a period, but long term? I'm not convinced. We've seen Matt "retire" before. Eventually he ends up coming back, taking everything back over, and doing his own version of "kicking ass and taking names" to remove all the black marks that happened while he was "gone". He may also be looking at this as a way to grow Sim Racing USA and if he is more power to him. I don't know this. I haven't spoken to him and wouldn't put words in his mouth. I'm just speculating with everyone else. Regardless, I hope the painters find new homes that they're comfortable with whether that be here or somewhere else. This could be a time where the community takes a hit or a time where the community realizes there's more out there than site A vs site B and we can truly have a community again. Wishful thinking I'm sure, but it would be nice to see.

SRD Closing 11 years 1 month ago #156

• Mystical
  • Regular
  • Always 110%
SRD is not all going away, just the staff and downloads sections and basically any team projects they do like mods or carsets. Only the moderators are left listed atm.